Sunday, December 12, 2010

More Bookmarks- Teacher Gifts, Plus a Few for my Shop

We are going into the last week of school before the winter break, and that means it's time to figure out holiday gifts for teachers!  Traditionally I have given gift cards, or a few times I gave some wonderful handmade soaps from this great store in downtown Salem.  My son is now in high school, so we don't need to do gifts for his teachers, but my daughter, being in 4th grade, really wants to give something to hers.  She has her main teacher, of course,  but also wants to give something to the music teacher, who also runs the choir program, and the librarian.  Well, guess what makes GREAT teacher gifts?  Bookmarks!

Meredith did a little research last week, to find out what colors her teachers like.  Based on what she found out, we came up with some designs (well, I should say that she did, with minimal assistance from me.  She very definitely has her own opinions!)  She is happy with the results, and I hope the teachers will be too!
This one is for her regular teacher.  I've had these flowers for some time, but have never used them before now.  They are Bougainvillea in purple shades.  I wish I knew how to pronounce that...
This is for the music teacher, who said that her favorite colors are red, yellow and turquoise.  We used two out of three here with these lovely yellow daffodils.  I got these awhile back but have never used them before either, and I think they are so cute!
Finally, this one is for the school librarian, who reported her favorite colors as red, brown and green.  Again, we went with two out of three.  This design should look familiar- it is the Classic Rose design that I had in my shop when I first opened it.  While we were making this one, I went ahead and made a couple extras so that I could relist one in my shop.

Meredith and I hit a couple of craft stores today before we got to working on these, and we found some interesting new papers.  I am such a sucker for papers- I really need to work on my self-discipline!  I also found this cute ribbon, black with little white paw prints on it.  I remembered seeing some black paw print stickers, and thought that combining the two would make for a cute bookmark.  I was right, if I do say so myself!
I would love to find some paw print stickers that are a little bit bigger- but these were what they had in JoAnn's, where I got the ribbon.  I'll be keeping my eye out for others when I'm out shopping in the future.  Isn't that ribbon precious?!

Well, that's it for this week.  I need to get to work on my Hello card for the swap on the PBS Swappers group- those are due at the end of the month!  I got all my paper for it, I just need to sit down and figure out a design and then make enough for the swap.   Right now, though, I'm off to make a few Christmas cards to send to family members with our annual family picture, which I will leave you with.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment