Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another Birthday Card

I am still plugging away on making stuff for the holiday bazaar on November 10th.  It is taking most of my free time- well, my crafting time anyway!  This week, I took a break to make a birthday card for my step-mom, whose birthday is at the end of the month.  I found some great specialty paper today at JoAnn's, and that is what I used as my inspiration.






This paper is beautiful- it is threaded with gold, and sprinkled with teal flowers.  I combined this paper with coordinating teal paper, as well as some metallic gold paper for the card, and created the flower out of the same papers, with a gold pearl for the center.  The sentiment was printed out on the computer.  The inside is blank, so that I can write my own personal message there.

The holiday bazaar is only 3 weeks away, and I am still cranking out cards in preparation.  Here is one design I have made for the sale:
I have to say, I LOVE this card!  I recently bought the Spellbinder poinsettia dies, and have been anxious to use them.  This is my first attempt.  I used a paper I bought at Craft Warehouse for the patterned portion of the card.  The poinsettia flower is gorgeous- the best of any I have ever used for a card.  I did have to purchase the Spellbinder embossing pads in order to emboss the cutouts with the proper embossing, but it was worth it.  They really look great!  I used some little gold gems in the middle for the middle of the flowers.


I have made lots of holiday cards for the bazaar, and will try to post pictures of more of them next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment