Thursday, January 2, 2014

Odds and Ends from 2013

Happy New Year!  Before I gear up for Valentine's Day and spring of 2014, I have been going back through some of the projects I did last year.  I try to remember to post about most of them so that I have a record and can go back and find pictures and descriptions if I need them, but when things get busy, I don't always remember.  So, here are a few projects I did but neglected to post about at the time.

This is a birthday card that I made for my dad last March.  I actually made a second one for my husband's friend's father, whose birthday was close to my dad's, and we were going to be seeing him, so I thought it would be nice to make him a card.  I have used this blue argyle paper quite a bit, and unfortunately I can't find it anymore. :(  This was also a great opportunity to use the argyle embossing folder that I got awhile back, as well as the diamond shaped Spellbinder dies.



This was a baby boy card that I made for my daughter's best friend's mom, who had a baby boy at the end of May.  I loved the green and blue camo paper when I found it online at Scrapbook.com and was excited to have a use for it!


Here was a custom bookmark and gift envelope order.  I love the combination of dark and light purple.


A custom graduation exploding box I did in June.


This is the birthday card I made for my BFF Kendra in October.  I really liked how this one came out!  Love the shades of teal and tan in the floral papers.


This is something new I have been working on in my limited spare time- picture frames!  I have always found it a shame to throw away scraps of washi paper because it is so beautiful, not to mention expensive.  So I decided to try my hand at decoupaging picture frames with it.  I picked up some wood frames at Goodwill, and these are my first two tries at it.  I like them!  I have a good stock of frames, so now just need to spend some time making more!

Here is another graduation box I did in December.  This picture was shot before it was completely finished.  For this one, I tried to get permission from the university from which the graduate was graduating, but no one ever responded to my email. :(  Boo!  Well, my customer seemed happy with the finished product anyway.

So that is a wrap on 2013!  I am looking toward Valentine's Day now, have already relisted my stock left over from last year, and am dreaming up designs for some new cards.  We are going to be doing a Valentine's Day sale with the Salem Etsy Team, and I am really looking forward to that!  Valentine's Day is one of my best selling occasions, and I've always wanted to do a bazaar before Valentine's Day.  (A successful one, that is....which the one in January last year was NOT.)  I have a better feeling about this one!  Our team holiday sale was great, and I think we have an awesome group of sellers who will do a lot to promote the team and the sale.  Also, I just received my application for the 2nd annual Jane Austen Faire, which will be in April.  Last year's Faire was GREAT for me- of course it was the weekend before Mother's Day, so I did really well selling cards!  This year it will be at a larger venue and is more expensive to participate, and it is more than a month before Mother's Day, but I am going to give it a shot and share a large booth with another SET member.  So I will be looking to make lots of new spring items in the near future!




No comments:

Post a Comment