Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cookin' Up New Stuff

Happy Fathers Day! Hope it is a nice one for all the dads out there. My husband is working today, but I have his favorite dinner cooking in the slow cooker for when he gets home- spagetti! The sauce is his favorite. It's my cousin Trina's recipe, and although I can never quite get mine as good as hers, I know he's going to love it!

I've been plugging away on bookmarks, and have a couple of new ones listed. Well, one is new, one is one that I have done before but haven't had listed since I first opened my shop. The new one is my first go at a new flower that I got from one of my suppliers- fuschias! Such pretty colors in this one!



Here is the other one- gold butterflies:



This is one of my oldest designs. These butterflies are Martha Stewart 3D stickers, which I fell in love with at first sight several months ago when I first started designing my bookmarks. In fact, this was my first non-pressed flower bookmark design. I saw them at Michaels but didn't buy them at first because they were spendy, but then I went home and couldn't stop thinking about them and ended up going back the next day to buy them! I don't do these often because they are so expensive, but they remain a favorite.

In fact, I love them so much, that I made my first personalized book mark for myself with this design!


I want to start offering personalized bookmarks in my Etsy shop soon, and who wouldn't love a beautiful bookmark with their name or initials on it? I did one for my BFF Kendra too- she requested the azaleas for hers:


I have gold letter stickers for now, but there are other colors available, so I should be able to do some really pretty personalized bookmarks! These will be completely customized- the customer can choose the colors, flowers, and whatever name or initials they want.

I am also still working on the photo bookmarks. Here are a couple I did this weekend, which incorporate pressed flowers as well as photos.




At this rate, I am going to have more bookmarks than I can ever use myself! Kendra, my marketing guinea pig, is supposed to send me pictures of her two beautiful children so that I can continue my product development and can hopefully offer custom photo bookmarks in my shop soon. I have a couple of other local friends who I might hit up to experiment on too, so I am hoping that this time next month I can put up some custom listings in my shop. I can't wait- I love trying something new!

One of these days, I WILL get back to the gift bags and tags. I have so little time to work on my creations, and since I've had this custom bookmark idea that I wanted to flesh out, I want to see that through before getting to the bags and tags. Look for those soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment