Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy, busy!

It's the end of the school year, so things have been really busy and hectic! Tomorrow is 8th grade graduation for my son, and Tuesday is the last day for both kids. Our schedule has been full with lots of end-of-the-year activities- lots of concerts for my son, a dance recital and field trip for my daughter. As a result, I haven't been spending much time on my bookmarks lately. Hopefully once we get into the summer groove, I can get back into it.

I did just do a special bookmark for my husband for Father's Day that I wanted to share. I've had this idea rolling around in my head for awhile of making custom photo bookmarks, so decided I'd experiment using my own family. My kids and dog were very patient to pose for the pictures that went into this- especially the dog! Here is the finished product:


Not bad for a first attempt! I put it together kind of quickly, and I like how it came out. I think next time I would make the pictures a little bit smaller and maybe offset them from one another, kind of stagger them down the bookmark. I have also thought about leaving room to put in some text, so will have to play with that a bit. Now that I have the basic process down, I can't wait to do some more!

More to come later when things settle down a bit. Until then, Happy End of the School Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment