Monday, January 10, 2011

Thank You Card

Hello!  So, last week was the first week back to work after the lovely 2 week holiday vacation.  Ohhhhh, it was rough!  For 3 weeks out of the year (winter and summer vacations), I get to feel what it's like to get adequate sleep.  It's not hard to get used to!  It is certainly hard to go back to getting up so early after a couple weeks of sleeping long and late!  We were all dragging for most of the week.  Consequently, I really did not do much in the way of crafting.  Or cooking.  Or a whole lot of anything but coming home and collapsing at the end of the day.  This week is a little better so far, although I can't say that I ever really "get used to" getting up at 5:45 am.  It's SO early, sigh.

Here's what I did do, though.  I realized on Friday of last week that the due date for the Thank You card swap on PBS Swappers is NEXT Friday.  D'oh!  That meant that I had to figure out a design, make the cards, and ship them out in time to get to Christy for the deadline!  So on Friday evening, dead tired as I was, I was a-making cards.  There were only four of us signed up for this one, so I only had to make 3.  I kind of had an idea for a design in mind, so I just had to flesh it out.  It was all based around a paper that my daughter Meredith picked out when we went to JoAnne's a few weeks ago.  She spotted it and decided she wanted a bookmark made with it.  It was expensive- $1.99 for one 8.5x11 sheet- ouch!  But I went ahead and got it, because I thought it was kind of cool, too.  So I decided to use some of that paper for the Thank You card.  I have plenty left over, so there is still a bookmark in Meredith's future, when I have time to make one!

So, it's the paper on the left that M picked out.  The one on the right is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder via the Big Shot.  Then there is just a strip of black paper down the edge between the two, topped with some silver ribbon.  The "Thanks" message was printed out on the computer.  It's a pretty simple design, but I like the nice clean look of it.  Hopefully the others in the swap will like it too!

I don't have any other swaps in my immediate future, but am hoping that things will slow down a bit so that I can do more of them, as well as more of the challenges at PBS Swappers.  I have missed the challenges for the last couple of months since I have been so busy!  Hopefully that can change soon.

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment