- 1 box of 2 refrigerated pie crusts (you can make your own too, but it's easier to use the ones in the box)
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. or so of apple jelly
- 4 tbsp cold butter, cut into small chunks (not pictured)
- 1-2 tbsp water
3. Quarter the apples and cut out their cores.
5. Place apples in an overlapping column the long ways down the center of the crust.
9. In a small bowl, combine apple jelly and water and whisk until smooth. With a pastry brush, brush jelly mixture over the apple filling and crust.
10. Place tart back into the hot oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool 5 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately or at room temperature. Or eat leftovers cold for breakfast the next morning. It's great with vanilla ice cream!
This is such an easy dessert to put together! Yes, it takes a bit of work to peel and slice the apples, but it is SO worth it! Try it for your next holiday meal or when company is coming. This is the kind of dessert that EVERYONE loves!