Monday, September 5, 2011

Birthday Invitations

I am happy to report that I heard from Carol, the nice lady who ordered a personalized bookmark last week, and she loves the pictures of the gift envelope!  I am so glad, and I can't wait for her to be able to see it in person!  Hope she likes it as much in reality as in the pictures!

The only other project I have done is some invitations for my daughter Meredith's birthday.  We are going to invite a few of her friends from dance class out for ice cream after class on the Saturday after her birthday.  I decided I'd like to make something that had ice cream embellishments on it, because...well, because it's ice cream!  I was surprised that I had a hard time finding anything in the craft stores.  I went to Craft Warehous, Joann's, and Michaels, and only had luck at Michael's.  Craft Warehouse had a scrapbook paper with ice cream cones on it, but the colors were not quite the palette I had in mind.  I came up empty at JoAnn's- I think that's the first time I have left JoAnn's without making a purchase.  Finally at Michael's I found some really cute ice cream cone dimensional stickers that I figured I could do something with.  I also found some striped paper in the same color palette, so that is what I started with.  Here are the finished products:



I printed the text out on the computer, and stamped and embossed the "You're Invited" part wtih a stamp.  I used a glittery embossing powder, so it is nice and sparkly.  The blue outer paper has sparkles in it too, as does the magenta paper that frames the ice cream cones on the reverse side.  I like them, and hopefully Meredith will too!

I ordered an autumn leaves color stamp pad from JoAnn's online that I plan to use for my fall cards, and that will be my next project.  I'm also still working on my Etsy shop- I relisted a few fall leaf bookmarks that were left over from last year, and I reshot some photos as well.  I finally figured out why my pictures have not been looking very good- somehow the resolution setting got changed to the smallest resolution!  I managed to figure out how to change it, and now the pictures are looking much better, not so fuzzy/blurry.  I still have some more that I need to retake, but I'm just trying to do a few at a time.

Also, I wanted to mention, I am having a clearance sale in my Etsy shop- selected items are half off!  Check it out!

That's all for this week- see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment