Monday, March 12, 2012

My Big Secret Custom Project: The Unveiling

Hello all!  I am so excited that I can tell everyone about this now!  I mentioned before that I was asked to complete a big custom order, and now I can let the cat out of the bag on what that was!

http://www.elizabethloupas.com/2012/03/12/win-a-signed-advance-copy-of-the-flower-reader/

About a month ago, I was contacted by Elizabeth Loupas, an author of historical fiction.  Her second book, The Flower Reader, is set to be released next month.  I custom-made three dozen pressed flower bookmarks for her to give away along with promotional copies of the new book, and today she announced the giveaway on her blog, which is linked above.  It is so exciting to be a part of something like this!  I have to tell you, Elizabeth could not have been more lovely to work with- it was truly a pleasure to do this project for her, and I loved putting together these bookmarks!  These are different than anything I have ever done before, and as a result I think I have really grown in my creativity through this project.  I still enjoy the "portrait" style bookmarks that I have made since the beginning, but I love this "collage" style as well, so plan to do more in this style in the future.

Elizabeth asked me to make each bookmark completely unique, and I will admit that I was a bit daunted by that in the beginning.  I wasn't sure that I could come up with 36 totally different designs, even with the large variety of flowers I had to work with.  I managed to do it though!  I think I used every conceivable color combination that there is!  Here are a few of my favorites:




What a truly rewarding project this has been!  I am just thrilled that Elizabeth chose me to do this for her, and I'm so glad that she is happy with what I made.  And it's pretty exciting to see all the wonderful comments she is getting on the above blog post!

Well, now that I have completed her project, I am moving on to other things.  I have a very dear friend who recently asked me to make her some wall art for her new office, and I am doing some research and coming up with a plan for that.  My dad's birthday is at the end of this month, so I want to make him a card, and also one for my cousin whose birthday is April 1.  And also, I need to start planning ahead for Mother's Day, and start stocking my shop for that!  I want to do some bookmark gift packs in pretty spring colors, as well as some cards, of course.  I took this weekend off from crafting, but will be getting busy next weekend, so look for more stuff here then!

No comments:

Post a Comment