Saturday, March 3, 2012

Birthday Slide Card

Hello!  I have been super busy working on my big custom project, which I will post more about in a week or 2 when I have it completed, and when the customer has gone "public" with it.  So exciting!  In the meantime, I have had a little time to do a few small projects, one being this slide card.  My daugther had a birthday party to go to today, and I made the birthday girl this card.

I loved making this card, because it really was pretty simple and easy, but the result is so cool!  It was WAY easier than the slide cards I made for the PBS swap last year- this one took me only a fraction of the time to make.  I love that the ribbon is the slide mechanism too.  You can do so much with this design- the possibilities are endless!  I had to explain to Haley how to slide open the card, but once she got it, she seemed to like it.  I also made her a bookmark with her name on it, but did not have time to take a picture of it.

I should finish up my custom project in the next week, and then I will be working on some stuff for Mothers Day...I'm thinking some cards, and some pressed flower bookmark gift packs in gorgeous spring colors.  Can't wait to come up with some new designs!

1 comment: