Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Mother's Day Exploding Boxes

I know I gave a sneak peak of my new smaller Mother's Day-themed exploding box cards last time, and since then, I have actually sold the one pictured in my previous post!  My husband's cousin stopped by the day before Valentine's day and asked me what I had for Valentine's day, as he had not had time to shop for his wife.  I showed him one of the never-ending cards I made in the last year or two, and he bought it.  Then he spotted the Mother's Day box, along with a second one I'd made but had not had time to photograph, and ended up buying both of them for his mom and wife!  So that was a nice surprise!  It left me without any Mother's Day boxes for the Salem Etsy Team Spring Sale though, so since we had a long weekend this past week, I took a day and knocked out 5 of them at once!














I really like how they turned out, and I hope that having these smaller boxes at a lower price will make them more appealing to the local market.  I have listed them in my Etsy shop, as I find that having a wide variety of products brings in the browsers.  I have listed a similar box in my shop before, though it was the larger size, and it did not sell, which tells me that that might be the wrong market for them- however, as I said, it helps to have interesting things for shoppers to look at.  Besides, I really want to be able to sell them at the SET spring sale, so won't be heartbroken if they don't sell on Etsy anyway!

Next up- more bookmarks!  I recently added a few new floral bookmarks to my shop, as my supply had run low, and I plan to make some washi paper bookmarks next.  I also want to try some laminated pressed flower cards, similar to the ones I did in the fall with the leaves, but with flowers instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment