Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Bookmarks!

Well, I took a few weeks off from making bookmarks after my last big custom project.  The break gave me a chance to think ahead to some new designs, and how I might take what I learned from my project and apply it to new products in my shop.  Life has been busy these last few weeks- we just finished spring break here, which is busy in its own way, and finally today I had some time to play with some new designs.  One of these days, I need to go through my flower inventory and reorder some stuff that I ran out of, but for the time being, I still have plenty to work with.  I took the collage concept that I used on the bookmarks I did for Elizabeth Loupas, and applied it a little differently here.  For one thing, I used coordinating patterned papers on the reverse sides.  For another, I did not use ivy leaves, just flowers on these.  Also, I did not limit myself to natural flowers- I used a few dyed ones (well, one at least), and that enabled me to use some colors that I might not normally use.  I like the results!  I was able to use some gorgeous new paper that I got the other day, and also some fantastic teal satin ribbon, which is a color I have not been able to find previously.  My daughter and I went shopping up in the Portland area the other day, and we visited a paper store up there, which is where I got both the paper and the ribbon.  I love both!

Here are the four new bookmarks I made today- all are listed in my Etsy shop:



  It was fun to get back into making bookmarks again!  With spring now here, I am excited about restocking my shop with fresh new designs!

Also today, I made a couple of bookmarks for friends of my daughter who have birthdays coming up.  Both are friends from dance, and will be having parties in the next couple of weeks.  I have enjoyed making personalized bookmarks for her other dance friends' birthdays in the last few months, so seem to be working my way through the group of girls- don't want to leave anyone out!  Here are the two I did today:

I hope they like them!  I will be doing cards for them as well, but didn't have time today.

I am glad to be over the hurdle of having the first bookmarks done for the spring season, and now am motivated to get some more done in preparation for Mother's Day.  As it is already the first of April, there is not much time!  I'll be working on that in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for some new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment