For these first two, I had a similar floral-patterned paper in pink and blue, and I made two different card designs with each. I'm only showing one of each here, but I also made the other designs in the opposite colors. This first one, the blue, is a new design- I used a sketch that I found on a blog called Freshly Made Sketches. I really like the sketches on this site, because they have very clean lines and a general "uncluttered" look about them. I am enjoying experimenting with some of the sketches I have found there.
The pink one is a design I have used before, pretty simple with just a layering of the patterned paper. This floral pattern has what look like larkspur flowers, which I use a great deal in my pressed flower bookmarks, and I challenged myself to make some paper flowers that resemble them to embellish the card. I used a Sizzix die to make these- I tell you, I have gotten a lot of use out of those! You may remember them from way back when I did these poinsettia cards and used them. They are only three petals each, but when layered, give a very similar look to the larkspur. For the flower centers, I punched a small daisy in green and cut each petal in half lengthwise and cut away one half of each. Then I curled each remaining petal half toward the center using a little quilling tool that came with an art set that my daughter got for Christmas. It has come in pretty handy for me lately! I then added some leaves punched from a MS rose leaf punch and embossed some veining on them with an embossing tool. I think they came out pretty well!
This next one us kind of different- I used the same layout as on the blue card above, but used a very interesting butterfly pattern washi paper. Love the colors in this one- silver, blue, teal and black, with a little splash of yellow. I used a metallic silver as the backdrop for an embossed strip with butterflies and dragonflies (a new Sizzix embossing folder), the washi paper, and a layered punched butterfly. I'm not totally in love with this one...I think I may experiment with adding something in the upper right, it just seems a little too empty to me. Maybe a small sentiment there.
This next one is similar to one I did before, but I added a flower instead of just a bow. I like the combination of soft green and pink on this washi paper.
You've seen this design before- the only thing different is that I put two flowers on this time, just to mix things up a bit!
And finally, this one is another new washi paper. I mentioned a couple of months ago that I had ordered some from two different Etsy sellers. This is another one of those- I like the dark, dusky purple combined with the green. The sentiment box is currently empty,but will have a "Happy Mother's Day" in it eventually. I was testing out a new Spellbinder die that I got for the frame- I like it! The flower, in hindsight, is a bit too big for this card, but it's from a punch that I got at Ross Dress For Less, of all places. It is a 3-petal punch that embosses also, and I really wanted to try it out.
Like I said, I have a LOT more work to do before the first sale- I know what my weekends are going to be spent doing for the next couple of weeks! I have so much that I *want* to do, but probably will not have time to do it all, so will have to prioritize. I do plan to make a 4-sided graduation exploding box that I can display alongside the 8-sided one as a less expensive option- that is something I have been meaning to do for my Etsy shop anyway. Probably need a few more bookmarks too, and will have to recruit my daughter to make some more little glass flower magnets that seemed so popular at the other sales. So, when I have more to show, I'll be back!