Monday, July 28, 2014

A Few New Things

I know I have been remiss in listing new items in my Etsy shop since starting at Top Drawer...it is hard to keep inventory up in two different places!  I am working on it though.  I have a plan for bulking up my card inventory at Top Drawer- need to have cards for a variety of occasions, so I started working toward that goal this weekend. Yesterday I managed to create some Thank You cards in several designs, and I made two of each design. I took one of each to Top Drawer today, and will be listing the others in my Etsy shop.
I've been focusing on Top Drawer because they are having their Grand Opening celebration on August 6th, and will be having some events and running a 10% off storewide sale that day, so I want to make sure my inventory is sufficient for that!  Also, when you have to pay $50 a month rent whether you sell anything or not, you tend to make an effort to have stuff in there that people want to buy!  I am happy that I have sold some cards- I'm not sure I am going to make enough to cover my booth fee this month, but it will be close at least.  I knew going in that it might be awhile before I turn a profit, and resolved to give it 6 months before reevaluating,so I'm not worried.

I mentioned I was working on a cute side table, and I finished it and took it over to the shop over the weekend.  I was happy to get it done, and pleased with how it turned out!  It started out as a typical medium-toned stained wood table.  I sanded it down and mixed my own chalk paint using latex paint and Plaster of Paris, two colors, white and a pretty mint green.  I painted the white first, then the green, and sanded it to distress it.

Here are a few other things I completed this weekend and took over there:






No comments:

Post a Comment