Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Stuff Coming Up

Ahh, the long weekend has been great! It is so nice having an extra day off- I enjoyed today so much more knowing that I wouldn't have to get up and go to work tomorrow! I had a chance to get some stuff done around the house, and also do some creating, which I am anxious to share!

I've had my Etsy shop open for a little over a month now, and am learning more every day. One thing I've learned is to not list everything all at once- the more often you can list, the more your stuff gets seen, because it's at the top of the search list! So instead of listing all my new items, I'm going to hold off and just do a little at a time. I already listed my new azalea design today, but I have some others that I am looking forward to putting up in the next few days, and am happy to give a preview here!

Here's one I just love, two of my favorite colors together:


Here's another I'm excited about. This one uses a sweet polka-dot pattern paper and mixes deep red roses and a pink larkspur:


And here's one that is a little different. This one uses rubber tree leaves:


I got these leaves at a craft store, but can't wait until fall when I can try some fall leaves that I can collect myself. I've done some experimenting with pressing green leaves myself, and they just don't look right- they all seem to turn a kind of putrid green color, and no one wants to see that on a bookmark (or probably anywhere else)! I have done ok with ivy though, and want to try again with that, so stay tuned, you may see some of that soon!

I mentioned awhile back that I had a custom bulk order. I was contacted by someone interested in my daughter's Black-Eyed Susan bookmark for a bridal shower favor- the bride's favorite flower is the black-eyed susan, and lucky for us, she stumbled upon our bookmark on Etsy! I was happy to provide her with 13 of that design. I meant to take a picture of all of them, but I was so anxious to get the order packaged and shipped that I forgot! They all looked pretty much like this though:


I was so excited to do my first custom order! I sent along a free gift with the order, something I've been experimenting with lately, in hopes of developing a new product to eventually list on my Etsy shop. Take a look:




I have a couple of other gift bag and tag styles I've worked on, and am hoping to get a few made to list on the Etsy shop and see how they do. It's so much fun coming up with designs! The only problem is, I could go broke buying paper punches, there are SO many neat ones out there!

Look for my new bookmarks on my Etsy shop in the next few days at http://www.bgardencreations.etsy.com . Let me know what you think of my new styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment