Monday, June 11, 2012

A Few New Cards

Just a quick post today, to share pictures of the cards I made over the weekend.  The first one is for a coworker who lost her husband to cancer.  The agency I work for is getting a nice plant for her, and I volunteered to make a card.  This is what I did:









The plant we are giving her is a hydrangea, which I love, and I had wanted to try to coordinate the card colors to the flowers.  However, I couldn't find a paper I liked in the right color.  This one is nice though- it's a very subtle floral in pretty sky blue shades, with just a hint of gree in in the leaves.

Next is my dad's Father's Day card:
I used the striped paper as the jumping-off point for this one.  I like the combination of blues, browns, and green in the paper, although in the piece I used, there is only one green stripe...and it ended up being covered by the sentiment.  I liked this paper for my dad because his favorite color is blue.

Lastly, I managed to make a couple of new washi paper cards:

I mentioned awhile back that I had found a seller on Etsy, susiestablefare, that sells washi paper, in addition to some of her own creations with it.  These two papers were from the bundles I purchased from her a couple of months ago, and I really like the vibrant colors!  They are both kind of patriotic too, with the red and blue in them.

That's all for now- not sure what to work on next, but I do need to work on stock for my shop, so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment